Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Recollection

In a dream I chanced upon this tree, red brown, massive beyond my arms,
its length stretched my sight high into the sky, white and grey.
All these trees, standing straight as if in attention, heads raised
towards the clouds. Could I say communing with the Divine?

As if God replied, a river flows massively down the mountain peak,
crashes along its ragged crevices, the sound of pounding unending,
rain water and mist fill the blank space between earth and sky,
myself, unnoticed, while a raven flies with ease with the lift, passes by.

Like a thick smoke, the mist and clouds clobber the big rock mass,
as sunlight breaks though the overcast, making the rocks
glimmer but briefly every now and then, like a signal light
sending out encrypted messages from a distance.

No comments: