Friday, April 25, 2008

Treatable Condition

- My condition was said to be treatable and its dimension
is so observable- larger and heavier.
- Is it painful? People are prone to ask.
- Not really I'd say but I'm doing what's needful.
I'm not as agile as before.
- You ought to lose that weight. Purge your memories,
friends insist. Not everyone deserve the space.
They only pile up memories that adds up to the weight,
friends say.
- Can I purge them on to CD-ROMs? Or on to USB memory drives?
Is there a safe vault that I can store them up then
retrieve them if ever again?
- Wherever, just purge them, and you'll start to heal,
friends reveal.
- Can I keep my wife and kids safe from purging? Perhaps
I'll defragment my mind's compartments and sort them
from happy to sad after?
- You can keep wife and kids. Sort your contacts urgently
and purge the data from your mental vault. Work
to lighten up first.
- I did as told. But, there were no CD-ROMs nor USB drives
to purge them to. Not that its worrisome, as I started
with memories not worthy to store. Anyways, they're gone forever.
- The change is evident. The swelling is nearly gone.
You're nearly normal, friends say.
- Does it hurt? People curiously inquire.
- Not that I know of I'd say.
- Does it hurt not being able to recall what was forever lost?
The people probed.
- My mental BMI is actually better. That's good, isn't it?

No comments: