Friday, April 25, 2008

Vanishing Point

The jet engines' increasing decibels fill up the runway 
while the body of the plane shakes, the earth expelling it into the air.

I want to roar, to boom myself, to dislodge the loneliness 
draping my heart, to let go, like the earth the plane.

I look down at earthly objects vanishing to a point,
but my attachments stall my lift.

Above the clouds I see stars appearing. I waited 
for a star to look into my eyes, to tell her my good-bye.

I unlock the belt that held my thoughts that could stagger 
in the corridor while the safety-belt warning sign flashes in the ceiling.

The blanket did not warm me the way her smiles 
or the light from her eyes would have.

The featured movie played, ended but I didn't care. 
Sleep came over to turn off the lights

while all my thoughts scampered away into its own sky- 
cloudy and black- where she probably hides.

No comments: